Why would you leave a Big 4 and join a Top 10 firm?
These are the most common answers from tax professionals who have left the Big 4 and joined the Top 10.
- Working in a smaller team with fewer layers of management than the Big 4 means that you will be given extra responsibilities. These tasks may include; reviewing work, providing consultancy work, or joining partners on pitches.
- The shorter hierarchy also means your leaders are very approachable and constantly on hand to offer your advice and mentor your career. This gives you a sense of ownership and responsibility within your role.
These extra tasks boost your personal growth, expose you to new areas of the profession and make you attractive for both promotion and to other firms. They also make your role significantly more interesting!
How does promotion compare?
One of the biggest benefits of a shorter hierarchy and less red tape is there are fewer promotion bottlenecks. So if you want to move up in this firm, push yourself outside of your comfort zone, take on some more responsibilities and get noticed (not hard when you speak to the partner every day!).
What does this role offer?
You will join a department that specialises in large OMBs and private equity backed multinational businesses, operating in a range of sectors. These sectors include financial service providers, oil and gas giants, and real estate groups. The issues they may be facing could be created through expansion, investment and acquisitions or disposals. The benefit to you, of course, is the exposure you will gain to complex clients at different stages of their life cycles.
To support your clients you will be:
- Delivering advisory work to clients.
- You will be attending meetings with the directors and partners, watching senior staff pitch for new business and taking part in the client interaction. This earlier exposure will significantly increase your client skills.
- Undertaking high-level tax research on specific projects. This will improve and test your technical skills.
- Reviewing the work of junior members of staff.
- Preparing business tax computations/tax returns.
Interested? Apply below to have a confidential conversation with me about what this opportunity can offer you.
Ref: 5990 Published: over 3 years ago