A CV is designed to win you an interview, which is where you will sell yourself to your future employer. The CV acts like an advertisement of the product which is you and convinces your employer that you would be the ideal candidate for the job. Your potential employer will use your CV to:
- Get you through their screening process. They will know how many years’ experience they need and which qualifications and will use your CV to make sure you meet those criteria.
- See where you have worked in the past, your education, qualifications and achievements.
- Work as a roadmap for the interview process.
- Provide contact details and a reminder of who you are for after the interview.
- Give an example of your writing style, professionalism and understanding of the job.