A part-time position for a corporate tax manager has become available. Check out all the details of the job on this page.
You’ll be in a strong position to reach your full professional potential if you’re working within the right firm. And that’s just what we have on offer. A busy and fast-growing tax and business consultancy firm are looking to hire a part-time corporate compliance manager to work in their office, close to Bristol/Bath.
If you have experience working with accounts and corporation tax projects, this might be the right position. The firm works with small to medium-sized businesses of all industries, both domestically and abroad. Among other clients, you’ll work with permanent UK companies, non-resident property companies, and close investment holding companies. Your role will involve managing your own portfolio of clients. If you’re looking to step up your career and assume more responsibility, this is an ideal opportunity to do just that.
This is a client-focused role, so an ability to communicate complex tax matters will be essential, as will a proactive approach to all things related to the department and wider business. It would be useful if you have some experience in payroll and VAT preparation using Xero.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is an exciting opportunity because the role involves such a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities. Your core duties will involve:
- Work on VAT Return projects using Xero
- Prepare and manage the accounts of small companies using VT accounts production.
- Handling queries from new corporate clients, as well as handling the initial meeting or phone call.
- Use your understanding of capital allowances, loss reliefs, deferred tax, and R&D credits to calculate corporate tax.
- Consult and liaise with other departments within the firm to ensure cohesive advice is given to the client.
- Practice ongoing professional development, so you’re always updated with the latest tax practices and systems.
- Support the team by sharing your technical accounting information, ensuring that the work delivered to the clients is of the highest quality.
- Plan your work accordingly so that deadlines are met, especially related to filing deadlines.
What You’ll Have
The successful candidate will possess an ACCA/ACA qualification and experience working within an accountancy practice. You’ll also be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as in using Xero, VT, and taxable.
An excellent communicator, you’re able to comfortably converse with other members of the team and the clients. Strong numeracy skills are essential.
This is a part-time position of 22.5 hours per week. However, when those hours are worked -- and the broader working pattern -- are both flexible. There will also be a chance to study ATT/CIOT membership. This firm cares about its employees’ well-being and development, making it the ideal place for accounting professionals who want to take their career to the next level.
If you’re interested in applying for this part-time role within a well-regarded company, then be sure to get in touch. We’ll tell you more information about the role, including what the application process involves.
Ref: 5130 Published: 16 days ago