Friendly and profitable accountancy firm in Essex offers you a great local opportunity.
The practice has an established tax team and a healthy % of its fees are generated from tax. Clients are diverse and include everything from smaller cases to directors of companies with more challenging issues. The firm has a friendly and supportive environment with an open door policy for all staff. The practice is one of the few firms in Essex that can offer you a genuine local option (in terms of work, career etc) that can compete effectively with London. The firm can accommodate an ambitious individual who wishes to advance, as well as an experienced manager, who would like a genuine work/life balance.
The role is a mixture of staff management, review and tax advisory work.
Some aspects of the role:
- Responsible for the undertaking and monitoring of tax enquiries including income tax, capital gains tax and corporation tax enquiries. This can include the carrying out of research of relevant technical issues and negotiation with HMRC in relation to such enquiries.
- You will be responsible for reviewing the work of the tax team and ensuring tax returns are completed.
- Dealing with technical queries (internally and externally) planning ideas etc.
- Undertaking specialist corporation tax work in relation to capital allowance issues, maximising group relief as well as R&D claims.
- Providing ad hoc guidance to clients in relation to Inheritance Tax planning and tax services to HNW individuals as well as non-UK domiciled taxpayers.
Why work here?
You will receive regular appraisals, with a structured (if appropriate) training program for you. This is designed to assess your strengths and understand your needs.
A highly competitive salary and benefits that include: pension, private healthcare and subsidised gym membership.
A range of activities
The firm hosts a range of social events on a regular basis. There is plenty of opportunity for you to get to know your team and everyone who works in the firm.
What do you need to qualify?
A personal tax bias with experience of business tax. You do not need to have immediate experience of everything on the job spec, however you will need experience of personal taxes and management of staff.
APPLY now for more details on this role.
Like the look of this role, but perhaps not quite what you are looking for? Apply and we will contact you for a confidential discussion about what you would like to do next.
At Creative Tax Recruitment we work with our candidates to solve their problems - the true meaning of consultancy. Quality of service is the key to our success. Experience has taught us that to achieve a perfect match there is no substitute for personal contact and attention to detail - whether recruiting for a tax senior or tax partner. As part of our on-going commitment, you will benefit from a number of advantages that come in dealing with a niche consultancy such as a pro-active approach to your job search (we will not sit around waiting for the right role to appear); effective salary negotiation on your behalf and a dedicated Consultant to discuss your requirements.
Know someone who would like to talk to us? Refer a friend and receive £500 when we place them in a new job
Creative Tax Recruitment is acti
Ref: 5412 Published: over 3 years ago